Australian Medicines Handbook Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these conditions. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry.
2. The promoter is the Pharmacy Guild of Australia ABN 87 076 197 623 of 132 Leichhardt Street, Spring Hill QLD 4000 (Promoter).
3. The Promotion will be open from 9:00 am [AEST] on Wednesday 1 August, 2018 and will continue until 3:00pm [AEST] on Friday 7 December (Promotion Period).
4. Entry is open to all Australian residents aged 17 years and over, who are due to graduate a recognised university pharmacy degree in 2018 (Eligible Entrants). Management, employees or contractors of the Promoter and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Promotion (including suppliers of prizes), and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
5. To enter and be eligible to win, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period: attend a university presentation by the Pharmacy Guild of Australia, Intern Training Program team and complete and submit an entry form (Eligible Entry).
6. Only one entry per Eligible Entrant will be accepted
7. A random draw for the prizes will take place at 3:00pm [AEST] on Friday 7 December at The Pharmacy Guild Queensland, 132 Leichhardt Street, Spring Hill, QLD (Draw Location). The draw will be conducted by a representative of The Pharmacy Guild of Australia.
8. The Eligible Entrant with the:
(a) first valid Eligible Entry drawn will win a hand copy of the 2019 Australian medicines Handbook valued at $220.00
(b) second valid Eligible Entry drawn will win a hard copy of the 2019 Australian Medicines Handbook valued at $220.00
(c) third valid Eligible Entry drawn will win a hard copy of the 2019 Australian Medicines Handbook valued at $220.00
9. The winner of each Prize will be notified by phone and email no later than Friday 14 December 2018. The winner’s details will be published on The Dispensary Facebook page no later than Friday 21 December 2018.
10. In the event that a Prize has not been claimed by Sunday 16 December 2018, a random re-draw for the relevant Prize will take place at 3:00pm [AEST] on Monday 17 December 2018 at the Draw Location, subject to any written directions given by State and Territory gaming departments. The re-draw Prize winner will be notified by phone and email on Monday 17 December. The re-draw winner’s details will be published on The Dispensary Facebook Page by Friday 21 December 2018.
11. If a Prize winner is under the age of 18 years, the Prize will be awarded to their parent or legal guardian. Minors may use the prize, but they must be accompanied by a person over 18 years when doing so, and have consent from their parent or legal guardian (which the Promoter may request in writing).
12. A parental or guardian consent referred to in these terms must:
(a) consent to the matters referred to in these terms and conditions; and
(b) include the words “in consideration of the Pharmacy Guild of Australia agreeing to admit the entrant into this Promotion, [name of Parent or Guardian] agrees to be bound by the terms of entry into the Promotion”.
13. The total Prize pool value is up to $660.00.
14. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash. All other costs associated with the Prize are the responsibility of the winner.
15. The Promoter is not liable for any Prizes that are lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way before they reach the winner.
16. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prizes and will not be held liable for any loss, damage or injury which results directly or indirectly from this Promotion.
17. If the Promoter is unable to provide a winner with the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to provide to the relevant winner(s) an alternative prize of similar monetary value to the relevant Prize, subject to any written directions given by State or Territory gaming departments.
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter (and not at the time the entry is sent to the Promoter). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter is also not responsible for technical difficulties with the mechanism that facilitates entry into the Promotion, and does not warrant that that mechanism will be available at all times.
19. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available to it, subject to State and Territory regulations.
20. Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process. These terms and conditions, or who acts in a manner inconsistent with the spirit of the Promotion, will be ineligible to win.
21. Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries or entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these terms and conditions of entry. In the event there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. All Eligible Entrants:
(a) consent to the Promoter using and disclosing their personal information for any purpose in connection with the Promotion;
(b) consent to the use of his/her name and image in any material, including promotional material (Material) in connection with the Promotion and without any compensation to the Eligible Entrant;
(c) agree that all right, title and interest (including intellectual property rights) in the Material will automatically vest in the Promoter on its creation;
(d) unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the Materials and agree to not institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of any such rights; and
24. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including, but not limited to, direct or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this Promotion.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning the Prize.
26. The Promoter’s decisions in respect of all matters to do with the Promotion are final.
27. These terms and conditions contain the entire agreement between you and the Promoter about its subject matter. Any previous understanding, agreement, representation, representation or warranty relating to that subject matter is replaced by this document and has no further effect.
Licence Number: LTPS/18/26232